THE EASIEST WAY TO REACH EI AGENT
Service Canada EI call center phone number: 1-800-206-7218.
Service Canada EI call center has recently changed their phone system.
The new way to quickly reach to a call center agent is through the following steps:
- Once you called in and listened to the new system message, press 1 for English or 2 for French
- Then, after the 2nd system message (male voice), you will be asked to enter your Social Insurance Number. Don’t enter your SIN, wait for a few seconds and you will be directed to the main menu.
- At the main menu, keep pressing“0” right away to connect to a call center agent.
- If the line is too busy, press “1”to go back to the main menu and keep pressing “0”again.
- Due to super high volume of call, their call center system can not handle the volume and you may be given a message that says you will be disconnect. If that happens, there is no other way to refresh the line, you will have to try to call back again. Repeat step 1 to 3 again.
- Repeat step 3 until your call is place into the waiting sequence.
- Due to the extreme high volume of the call, you could be waiting up to 3-4 hours to speak to an EI call center agent.
- Some people were able to be place on wait list but their call get dropped!
- Please do remember that your local Service Canada office is not an EI processing. Please do not visit the in-person office for your claim information. The agent at the local office are receiving agent only, they do not have special authority to finalize a claim.
EI call center does not accept 1-800-Collect call as there is no local telephone number published publicly.